When improving curb appeal, garage doors are too often overlooked as they play a critical role in your home’s overall appearance. They’re also one of the most valuable home improvements you can make. In fact, one study reports that new garage doors are worth 94.5% of their cost at resale.
Given the significance of garage doors, let’s take a closer look at some popular garage door trends.
1. Bold Colors One of the biggest garage door trends in 2020 was the use of unique, striking colors. Bold colors are a great way to stand out from your neighbors and show off your unique personality. They also add some unexpected contrast and complements ti your home’s exterior. Here are some really popular garage door colors:
Dark gray. Dark gray doors are the perfect addition to white, beige, and light gray homes. Choosing a dark gray door is also a great way to create a modern look and feel.
Black. Black doors are elegant, sophisticated, and clearly distinguish your garage door from the rest of your home.
Red. Red doors make an immediate statement and are ideal for traditional or modern farmhouse-style homes. Red also pairs well with a variety of muted exterior colors.
Light gray. While it’s not as eye-catching as the darker colors above, a light gray door is a safer (yet still out-of-the-box) way to add curb appeal to your home.
Keep in mind that all of our doors can be painted with an outdoor paint which makes achieving that unique statement ever so easy.
2. Unique Materials While vinyl and real wood doors remain perennial favorites, homeowners are also understanding the value of functional, low maintenance doors. Wood garage doors need a great deal of maintenance to protect them from the elements. For this reason, Brin only installs the faux wood doors and they are strikingly gorgeous, insulated, solid and maintenance free, the best of all worlds!
3. Lots of Glass Another one of 2020’s hottest trends was all glass garage doors, or doors with large windows. Brin installed a glass garage door in his own home and what a statement it has made. There are a number of benefits associated with incorporating glass into a garage door, including:
More natural light for a brighter garage
Lower electricity bills
Clean, contemporary look
...And oh what a view they can bring to a room
Adequate light is especially important for homeowners who use their garage for hobbies, projects, and recreation. If you add glass to your existing garage door, you can choose from a variety of decorative styles, or opt for classic tempered glass. And many all-glass doors use insulated glass to help maintain a steady temperature inside your garage.
4. Carriage House Style Stamped and overlay carriage-style garage doors (also known as barn-style garage doors) are also quite popular. This garage door style hearkens back to the era of carriage houses, which were built to hold horse-drawn carriages. Their distinctive, rustic look is the perfect complement to a variety of home styles, from mid-century modern ranchers to traditional farmhouses.
5. Modern/Contemporary Designs As contemporary and industrial homes grow in popularity, so do modern garage doors. Modern style garage doors made from a variety of nontraditional materials, including steel, aluminum, and glass. Their clean, crisp look and outstanding curb appeal makes them perfect for any homeowner who wants to stand out in the neighborhood.
Brin installs a lot of doors and his workmanship is meticulous, heads and shoulders above the competition. Brin's see his work, all of it, as done to the glory of God and that demands his best. He also provides free estimates for new garage door. If you are interested in a new garage door, call a name you can trust! Integrity
Garage Door - 832-641-0402